Srsly you guys, Princess Tutu is one of the most underrated classics in anime and honestly I don’t know why Tumblr doesn’t freak out about it more. The main character is a quirky outcast. The prince character that she’s trying to save is a COMPLETE damsel that can’t defend himself in the slightest without the girls to step in (and might I add the men ALSO do ballet in this show and not some more masculine appearing alternative). Her enemy/rival has a fantastically sweet and sad arc. The guy antagonist is equally sad and awesome. The plot twists and turns all over the place (it starts off pretty episodic but really kicks into gear after the fourth episode I think). The art is gorgeous, ranging from greys to pastels. The outfits are based on REAL ballet outfits, aka they’re NOT meant to objectify the characters and make them perfect for pinups. And it’s based entirely on Germanic fairy tales, even the on screen text is in German.
Seriously guys, if you’ve never given this anime a watch, PLEASE do yourself a favor and do it!
Did I mention the main magical girl is actually a duck? Because she’s a duck.
If you guys haven’t seen Princess Tutu I honestly don’t know what you’ve been doing with your life.
Fantastic character development, classical ballet scores used in every episode (and tie into the plot of each), English and Japanese dubs are incredibly moving… This has been one of my all-time favorite series since the days when we didn’t even know if the second half of the show was going to be licensed and Princess Tutu fans only had a hope. That has to be about 10 years now. I recommend this series to anyone who loves a story.
I love this show so much, I recommend it to everybody I can. Don’t be fooled by it’s cutesy demeanor. IT WILL TAKE YOUR HEART AND STEP ON IT IN THE BEST WAYS POSSIBLE. :)
I love all the characters in this show so very very much.
You’ll cry for my sake?
how has it taken me this long to watch this fantastic anime
I will always find comfort in these four. Always.
god bless that smile on your face, god bless the seeds in the ground
- The main character is actually not the main character
- There’s enough paradoxes, dimension wise in story, that if you manage to keep yourself straight through it you’ll feel like a genius
- legit likable characters
- Guitar Ninjas
- There’s fighting
- But not from the main character (aka the magical girl) she doesn’t fight no sir
- She basically tells you to stop your shit and then helps you work through your problems while dancing with you
- not about being yourself but also about being yourself
- i mean the moral is literally to fight your fate
- but also to realize that you are the best person you can be
- really tragic ending i mean you’re going to cry but also be very happy
- the antagonist is a female who’s been manipulated her entire life and you think she’s going to fall into the trope of class a bitch who’s competing with the main character for the love intrest
- but she’s not
- she’s a freaking real person who breaks free of the manipulation, gets the guy, is best friends with the girl
- also like i said you think she’s gonna be a dick but she’s not she’s actually very sweet and kind
- YOU WILL COME OUT OF THIS KNOWING THINGS ABOUT BALLET, PLAYS, AND CLASSICAL MUSIC I’M NOT EVEN KIDDING
- it’s empowering
- The plot is so good. I mean it’s literally a really good plot.
- DO NOT FUCKING SKIP ANY EPISODE EVER EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DON’T SKIP IT
- there is literally not a SECOND in this show that is not relavent you will see
- magical ballet girls who have fights and people defying they’re LITERAL inverse written roles and it’s just
- watch the damn anime
she never thought to stop loving